Annieorphans.com

Update on Celinde Schoenmaker (Tessie in Annie de Musical 1997-98)

Any Dutch musical fan will probably know what Celinde is up to already. She's been Fantine in Les Miserables at the Queen's Theatre in London for the past year, and was Fantine also in 2012-2013. She currently has 3 weeks left of playing Fantine before Rachelle Ann Go takes over on June 15. So if you're in London in the upcoming weeks I definitely advise you to go see the show because not only is Celinde's performance tear-jerking, breathtaking and astounding, but the entire cast are the most talented and genuinely lovely people. I've seen Celinde in the role several times and had the pleasure of meeting up with her again yesterday! She is doing well and everything seems to be fine with her, although we did not discuss what she has planned next. I showed her my Annie programmes and she laughed and said she would look to see if she had any photos from Groep Lilla as I have none of that group of girls aside from the programme. 

Here I am with her in all her loveliness

Her hair is still pin curled under her cap, bless her

And for anybody's interest I shall attach the programme pics

Views: 746

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cute pic of you and Celinde, and the programme photos.I love to see old pictures and articles. Btw Robyn, who it that Eponine in your avatar?

That is me as Eponine haha! ^-^

Oh, cool! She's my favourite character in Les Mis. That must have been fun to play.

Mine too! She was indeed - an amazing character with so much emotional depth to tap into.

I saw Celinde is Fantine in Les Miserables in January. I thought she was a great singer but that was it. I wasn't blown away by her performance. I didn't really like much about Les Miserables though so maybe that had something to do with it.

The story is an acquired taste.

I think that's all it was. Celinde was the best out of the entire cast for me.

Who was Eponine when you went?
Eponine was player by Carrie Fletcher. She was good but Celinde was better.

I saw Les Miz in previews on Broadway in 1987 as a kid and  LOVED it. I've seen it a countless times since then and still LOVE it. But the first time still was the BEST!!!!!!!!

Of course!! You never forget your first time! :P

Celinde had her last performance as Fantine last night - I was lucky enough to be there to hear her one last time. She was in actual tears during I Dreamed a Dream and kept having to wipe her face, also during the Epilogue. Then when Carrie and Celinde ran on during the bows they hugged and bless their hearts they could not stop crying. I remember the last night of the 2010 UK tour of Annie was much the same. Did manage to speak to Celinde again once she was a little less teary. And Carrie walked us to the station as it was very late. A great last night atmosphere and wild applause all around - although the tipsy guy with his girlfriend 4 seats away did decide to turn Bring Him Home into a duet and a phone went off during On My Own...

RSS

© 2022   Created by Julie Stevens.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service