Annieorphans.com

Haven't heard an Annie with a voice like this in a long time.

Views: 676

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice!  The Broadway Annie's were pretty great, but the tour Annie's have not had nearly enough vocal power...she is going to be absolutely fantastic.  I wonder if there are going to lower the key for her a bit though...she has a great belt but might struggle with the high notes

I agree, I was referring to the crop of tour Annies.

She has a great voice! 

But in general are usually the orphans and Annies from the Broadway shows better then the tour orphans and tour Annies?

I used to think so.

True but being they're always makingba big deal about Martin directing it...

Marissa O'Donnell was a fantastic tour Annie (and so were her fellow orphans I think)

They were indeed. But back then it was an Equity-tour I believe. Not really sure if that really makes a difference though except for the payroll. Is it harder to get a part when the production i equity versus non equity. I would hope that would be the case, but I´m not sure when it comes to casting children. Most children are non-equity, unless they have once been in a production of a larger scale.

They were excellent! I saw all the original orphans the first year of the tour and loved them. The Ryan sisters left the tour after that week.

I believe the first year of Marissa's two years of Annie was equity. I seem to remember the second year being non-equity.
Disregard my last comment. I know for certain that the 2007-2008 tour and those after were non-equity. I think the 2006-2007 tour from what I was able to find was still equity.

I think it was equity the first two years because they wanted to have a stop in NYC and so had to stay equity. They played Madison Square Garden the second year of the tour.

Her vibrato sounds weird, but I can't really explain why. Almost forced or something.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Julie Stevens.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service