Annieorphans.com

I HAVE A QUICK QUESTION-

ANNIE IS DONE ALL AROUND THE WORLD BUT NOT GRECCE WHY?

BTW-DO YOU KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND A GREEK ANNIE SCRIPT,ECT

BTW I   AM GREEK

Views: 173

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is a good question. A theatre in Greece would have to license the show and then they could do it. Do you have theatres near you that perform musicals? I don't think a script would be available in Greek - just in English. Someone would have to translate it.

Julie

@ juile we do have theaters,why do u ask.

btw it's an honor speaking to a former orphan

Theer are lots of countries that haven't had a production of Annie, such as my own, France. I think it also depends on how much people know about this specific musical (and in France, it isn't known at all) and also how much people like musicals in general (and that's picking up in France at the moment, so I'm keeping hope to see a French production of Annie one day!)

My country haven't had a production od Annie too. Musicals are not very well accepted around here as most brazilian find it boring to be watching a play and people start singing "of a sudden". It isn't known at all around here too - we're only having stage versions of huge classics like The Sound of Music, My Fair Lady, Hairspray and now Mamma Mia just opened.

Plus I think it depends on the child labor laws. They're a bit strict around here, and I don't think it would change for theater and television. For example in The Sound of Music they had chosen four teams of kids - coz it played in two different cities a few months each, and they had two teams for each city. One of the "kids" in the team (Liesl, the eldest. In Annie I think it would be Pepper) needed to be older than 18 (majority) and travelled with the adult cast. And the show was only performed on friday, saturday and sunday nights. So, I believe it would be the same with Annie - as there are more kids than adults, I also think they would have more than two groups of kids...

I forgot about child labor laws which are also stricter in France than in the USA (actually, I think they're stricter anywhere compared to the USA...) so they'd probably have 4 or 5 different sets of kids. I remember they had ten different groups of orphans in Holland.
10 groups of kids??  Did they use adults at all or were there really 70 orphans??  That must have been insane to cast!!
Pepper was 21 if I'm not wrong. But of course there weren't 10 Peppers then...
The adult cast was the same for the whole tour as well as the Pepper and the had a different group of kids for each region of Holland I think.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Julie Stevens.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service