Annieorphans.com

I noticed that in the ANNIE 1982 picture book, there is a photo of Miss Hannigan holding a belt and dialogue in which she threatens to whip Annie.  Annie then replies that she better not, or her father/parents (it's been awhile since I read the book) would make her sorry, or something to that effect.

I wonder if this is a deleted movie scene, and I can understand why.

It's also a bummer that so many cute orphan scenes were deleted from the final party scene, like Daddy Warbucks waltzing with Pepper in a dress, and several others shown in LIGHTS, CAMERA, ANNIE!

I wonder if all of this footage has been lost?

I think they would have added it to the dvd special features at some point if they still existed, although maybe they are in a vault somewhere.

Views: 119

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, it would have been fun to see the deleted scenes from the movie.

I wish that would release a 40th anniversary blu-ray edition of the movie next year with these deleted scenes on it and maybe a commentary featuring Aileen Quinn and the orphans and maybe Carol Burnett.

Yes, it would be nice to see the deleted scenes, but it is unlikely to happen.  The studio claims that it does not even have a copy of "Lights, Camera, Annie!"

RSS

© 2021   Created by Julie Stevens.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service